Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My Scrapbooking Blog start

Hello, I'm Angela. I'm married to my soul-mate, Ron, who was a truckdriver, over-the-road when we met. He is no longer driving due to disability. I am a nurse, Ron helped me through nursing school. We met, just after I entered school. His brother and my best friend set us up and it was love instantly. We have been together every since. I work in home care with disabled children. It is a very rewarding job, and very draining too. But I love it! We have five children and I have a step-son from a previous marriage, that is like my own child. Benjamin-24, Anthony-19, Felicia-18, Rick-17, Dylan 15, and Joshua 8. Benjamin is married to Jenny and they have two handsome boys, Dalton-5 and Marshall-3. Felicia is married to Cody Lakey and they have two beautiful children, Autum who is a year and a half and Damien who is 9 months old. I love being a grandma. My husband and I are planning to adopt and to do foster care. We have gone through the MAPP training, but currently have hit a road block. We had to move to a smaller house for awhile, so we have put it all on hold for now. Felicia and Cody, Autum and Damien, and Dylan and Joshua all live with us currently. I love having them all here. I miss my older boys and wish I could see them more. Benjamin and Anthony are both in Iraq in the Army. Rick lives with his father a couple hours away. He works a couple different jobs and still goes to school. He has also enlisted in the National Guard. I am very proud of my children.
I have a deep love of poetry (writing it) and of photography. I have more pcitures and photo albums than most people. Many on my computer since I now have a digital camera. I have often thought of opening my own photography studio. Not that I'm that talented (I am pretty good), but I just love taking photographs. I love photography of all kinds. Flowers, nature, animals, etc. But I mostly love taking photographs of people. I also love to play around in PSP. I guess that is how I became enthusiastic about scrapbooking.
So far, in scrapbooking, I have picked up alot of freebies and a few paid kits. I've done a few quick pages, but cannot share them yet. I can't remember where I got them. Bad bad girl. I'm sorry. I'm really enthusiastic about it though. I want to use those first kits I came across and print and bind the pages for myself to share with my friends in my home. I would very much like to share some here, with others and I am very very interested in making my own kits and giving them away, maybe even selling them. That would be awesome. I am creative, but I'm also never satisfied with my work, LOL. I'm going to look further into lessons on creating scrapbook kits. I don't have any extra money right now to persue this, but I want this very badly, so I will find a way. I plan to offer freebies here. But for now, this will be blogging my effort to learn and daily life I suppose. Although I do have another blog that I keep up with pretty well. I also have a website/homepage on yahoo geocities that I started years ago. I haven't updated much in the past couple years, but it if chock full of photos of my family and my poetry. I really do need to update it, but I have become so interested in other things, just seems like with work and other interests, I don't have any more time.
I guess I will end on that note for my first entry. I have tried to add photos and it won't let me for some reason. So maybe next time. Thanks for reading and God Bless You.
Dizzy

No comments: